Jon wrote:
I'm running Fedora Core 1, all packages up to date.  I want to add large
file support to php.  I downloaded the source rpm. Added
"-D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64" to CFLAGS in the spec file,
rebuilt the rpm and installed it.  Apache starts fine but I get
"[notice] child pid XXXX exit signal Segmentation fault (11)" when ever
I request a page.  Compiling the same source without those flags works
fine.  I must be missing something, but I am in way over my head.  Can
someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

You did not mention your apache version and php setup (mod_php vs. cgi)
IMHO if you are using mod_php, both apache and php must be compiled with the same _FILE_OFFSET_BITS or you get segmen. fault. LFS is available on for apache 2.X only. CGI should not be affected as it's another process.