Jochem Maas wrote:
I had a parrot idea whilst writing this.. (see bottom)

---
ParrotTalk: I think that this topic of string interpolation/quotes
deserves 'parrot' attention.... which made me think that maybe the parrot
could parse for markers (that if added to an email by an autorized poster)
would mark the post/thread as suitable material for 'training' the 'parrot'

Actually that is a pretty good way to handle it... regardless of whether we use the Bayesian/SPAM or Heuristic approach. It wouldn't require anyone to go to any website, just reply to a message like normal and tag it.

<phParrot />

And then, if the parrot didn't already respond to the original message... well, then it could be trained / told to respond directly to that message.