PHP List,

The Situation:
I'm trying to make a page where users can upload an image. I've located on the internet a script that is simple enough for me to use, and I can build upon it to customize for my needs.
The script as it is on the web site I got it from is a stand alone .php file in the same directory as the form that calls it. In order to keep my site organized and consistent with what I've constructed so far, I'd like to make the code into a function, included in my directory with other image manipulation functions.

The Problem:
I'm not able to create the right syntax to pass the $HTTP_POST_FILES variable to the function. So the function gets called, but then it stops very early because what I end up giving it is essentially an empty array, so it thinks there's no file to handle.

What I've Tried So Far:
I've tried putting $HTTP_POST_FILES directly into the function parameters, and I've tried renaming $HTTP_POST_FILES as a different array before passing it to the function. But I'm essentially shooting in the dark, trying random variants of syntax.

   The Question:
   How do I pass the $HTTP_POST_FILES to the function?

   Any help would be much appreciated.

For Reference:
What follows is the form as it appears in the HTML, and then after that is the function as it appears in a separate .php file:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="(EmptyReference!)" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="10000">
<input name="upfile" type="file">
<input name="store_dir" type="hidden" value="images">
<input type="submit" name="Upload" value="submit">
<?php
if(isset( $Upload ))
{
upload_img();
}
?>
</form>

----------

function upload_img()
{
//  Check to see if a file has been included when the form was submitted
if( strlen($HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['name']) < 1 )
{
  echo("Error! No files to upload... Exiting");
  exit();
}

// Check to see if the directory specified in the store_dir
// input field is a valid directory, if it isn't clear up
// the temporary files from the server.
if( !is_dir($store_dir) )
{
  echo("Specified directory is not valid... Exiting");
  unlink($HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['tmp_name']);
  exit();
}

// Copy the temporary file to the specified directory and
// give it the original name it had on the source machine.
if( copy($HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['tmp_name'],$store_dir.$HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['name']) )
{
echo("Uploaded ".$HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['name']." successfully.");
}
// If the copy function fails output a message.
else
{
echo("Upload of ".$HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['name']." to ".$store_dir." failed!!!!<BR>");
}

// Finally tidy up behind yourself and delete the
// temporary file from the server.

unlink($HTTP_POST_FILES['upfile']['tmp_name']);

Dave Gutteridge
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tokyo Comedy Store
http://www.tokyocomedy.com/english/