HI all,

I have a script that uses fopen to acces for read a file using ftp:

$filepointer = fopen($address,'r');

having $address string formed this way:

$address = "ftp:/ /".$FTPuser.":".$FTPpassword."@".$FTPserver."/".$FileFolder"."/".$FileNa me;

This script always worked for me, it has now stopped working trying it on the server of a different provider, returning an error 'failed to open stream...'

I have the suspect that the funcion is failing due to the particular account name ( used also as FTP username ) this italian provider gived me when I sibscribed: It contains a @ symbol ( I.E., [EMAIL PROTECTED] ), and I believe that this confuses the parsing of the ftp://User:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/filepath string.

Can you confirm this, or do you believe that the problem could be caused by other factors ( like server settings ) ?

Could you suggest me e workaround?

 Thank you,

      Giulio

Cantoberon Multimedia srl