M. Sokolewicz <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    on Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:25 AM said:

>> seems lengthy. is there a way around this?
>>
>> i tried using
>> $cmd = @ $_POST['cmd'];
>>
>> to suppress errors but didnt seem to have ay effect.
>>
> still
> if(isset($_POST['cmd'])) {
>     $cmd = $_POST['cmd'];
> }
>
> is the only (really) correct way. All others throw notices of
> undefined indices, which you *should not* ignore! You can't shorten
> it, you can't even wrap it in a function... it's simply tough luck

Please correct me if I'm wrong (and maybe this is what you mean by
"(really)") but I think even Rasmus recommends:

<?php

  if(!empty($_POST['cmd']))
  {
    // stuff
  }

?>

I'm using the following code to test this:

<?php

    error_reporting(E_ALL);

    if(!empty($_POST['cmd']))
    {