Shaun wrote:
Hi Marek,

Thanks for your reply, could you tell me how I would go about this please?

"Marek Kilimajer" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shaun wrote:

Hi,

I have a database that contains encrypted data using Mysql function ENCODE(). Certain users will be allowed to view this data and I will allow them to download a CSV file contain the decrypted data using the Mysql DECODE() function. However I don't want this file to be left on the server, is there a way to ensure that the file is deleted immediately after it has been downloaded?

Don't put the file to a file at all, simply output the right header and echo the content.

$csv contains the result of the mysql decode() function, then:

header('Content-Type: text/x-csv');

echo $csv;

That's it :)