Petar Nedyalkov wrote:
On Wednesday 20 April 2005 03:05, Brian Dunning wrote:

I know this is a common question but I have RTFM and STFW until I'm
blue in the face - I really need some help here.   :)

I've got some forms into which users are going to enter text that
frequently contains funny characters (pilcrows, foreign text, etc). So
I need to encode it before writing it into MySQL, and decode it when
reading it back out and writing it to the page. I've tried
base64_encode/base64_decode, rawurlencode/rawurldecode,
utf8_encode/utf8_decode, combinations, and others. My MySQL table is
set to use UTF8 and my web pages are all set to UTF8. Most of what I've

if mySQL is setup for UTF8 I thought that you didn't need to encode the data...? assuming you have told the browser to send UTF8 (which you seem to have) and it does.

tried takes:

âÂÆ

And when I read it from MySQL and output it to the web page, it's
turned into:

ÃïÂÃÂÃï

What is the default content-type of the webserver you use?
What is the content-type you return to the user through your php scripts?

I need some help here! Thanks. :) :) :)