> Hi there
>
> are there any sites online that show one how to learn php in
> a step by step fashion?
>
> I am really lost and would need to start at the very beginning
>
> I already know and understand html
>
> --

I'm not sure of any sites, but there's plenty of books.

I started with the SAMs Teach Yourself PHP4 book (which may be dated now,
who knows) and then switched to a more robust book after getting the
language basics (I think the SAMs series are great for getting a cursory
look at a language if you're completely fresh).

PHP certainly has a TON of books available though - poke around Amazon or a
local bookstore.

-M