Cas wrote:
Tried the newest libXML stable release (2.6.19) and recompiled mod_php with it
but I still have get the error:

Warning: Couldn't fetch DOMDocument in
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/pluxbox/test.php on line 20
foo

May I ask what your system specs are? (OS, PHP and libXML version).

sure, I only ran the code locally yesterday:

WinXPHome + latest WAMP release (php5.0.4) (no idea what version of libxml2
that contains)

you keep mentioning libxml.... but I was pretty sure that php5's xml stuff is
all based on libxml2.

sorry I can't be of more help right now.

Greetings, Cas