Daevid Vincent wrote:

> I was on Avis' car rental site the other day and booked a reservation,
> then they had a button that automatically added an entry into MS Outlook
> for the details, dates, times, etc. it was very nice!

> I am guessing I have to use COM

Wouldn't that require the webserver to be running on your workstation? :)

Its most likely just giving you a datafile in some standard calendar format
that Outlook understands. Possibly iCal (I don't know if Outlook supports
it, but lots of calendar software seems to these days).

Google should help you find a way to generate iCal files.

--
David Dorward       <http://blog.dorward.me.uk/>   <http://dorward.me.uk/>
                     Home is where the ~/.bashrc is