When I did the windows installer there was some talk of defaulting to
install in 'Program files' (I think Zeev suggested it), but there was a
significant body of opinion which thought that there would be problems at
least with parts of php with respect to the space in the filename. I just
listened to the opinion and chickened out defaulting the installation to
C:\php (easily overridden by the user). I never did any tests on the space
issue, but it may be worth considering here before coming to a conclusion.

Cheers
--
Phil Driscoll
Dial Solutions