From: Tim Ward [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2001 8:06 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [PHP] Is there such an array like $array[][]?

1. there are no multi-dimensional arrays in php, just single dimension
arrays each element of which may be an array (or any other variable type).
If you make every element of an array an array of size x, you will get what
can be used as a multi-dimensional array. But if you forget what it really
is, you'll run into problems like expecting to be able to sort
$array[$x][$y] by $y.
2. because of this you can have as many levels of an array as you want.

try :
$array[][][][] = "fred";
foreach($array as $level1)
        foreach($level1 as $level2)
                foreach($level2 as $level3)
                        foreach($level3 as $value)
                                echo($value);

        Tim Ward
        Senior Systems Engineer

Please refer to the following disclaimer in respect of this message:
http://www.stivesdirect.com/e-mail-disclaimer.html