At 10:27 AM 3/8/2006, Rory Browne wrote:
$filename = "filename.txt";
$file_content = join("\n", array_reverse(file($filename)));
echo $file_content;

Rory,

I think you've got the logic right.

Tangentially, however, I recommend that you break it out into separate statements and not throw multiple functions into the same statement -- it's hard to proofread, it's hard to pinpoint where errors occur, and it's next to impossible to insert echo statements to debug the process. Also for ease of debugging & maintenance, I recommend indicating the type of each variable with a prefix (a=array, s=string, etc.):

        $sFilename = "filename.txt";
        $aFile_content = file($sFilename);
        $aFile_reverse = array_reverse($aFile_content);
        $sDisplay_content = join("\n", $aFile_reverse);
        echo $sDisplay_content;

I don't think PHP will "care" whether it's broken out or not -- internally it's having to create temporary variables on the fly to store incremental values -- but your future self and other folks reading your code will thank you for it.

Regards,
Paul