Chris Shiflett wrote:
Adam Zey wrote:
$headers .= "Content-Type: application/octet-stream\r\n";

I missed the context of this function, but it seems like you probably
mean to send:

Chris

The context is a bit strange, these POST transactions are being used to send data packets, since it's really the only way to send data to a server-side PHP script. The scripts involved are used to tunnel arbitrary TCP/IP data over a standard HTTP connection. The keepalive means that many POST transactions can be done in one connection, saving the latency and overhead involved in establishing new TCP/IP connections. And the content type of an octet stream is used because x-www-form-urlencoded would have to be decoded by the script on the server side. With an octet stream, the server-side script can just read the data in from php://input.

Thanks for the hint on the Connection header. It'll save me from more overhead :)

Regards, Adam Zey.