At 11/27/2006 11:21 AM, Ross wrote:

$text = $_REQUEST['text_size'];
if ($text) {
echo $text;
}

I send the $text_size variable to the browser with lines like...

id="one">A</a>

When the page initially loads I get a undefined index error as it does not
exist but is there a way of wrapping in in a switch statement or funtion so
the variable is only used when $_REQUEST['text_size']; actually exists.

Using isset() you can determine whether or not a variable has been initialized (including an array element) before testing its value:
http://php.net/isset

By the way, I think you can simplify your href to:

By specifying just the querystring and not the file name, I believe it will always simply reload the current page with the querystring attached.

Regards,
Paul