From: Richard Lynch [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 16, 2006 3:55 AM
To: WeberSites LTD
Cc: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: Re: [PHP] RegExp

On Thu, December 14, 2006 11:47 pm, WeberSites LTD wrote:
> I'm trying to limit the text someone can submit in a text area with :
>

> Code:
> if(!preg_match("/^[à-úA-Za-z0-9_():,@\/\.\s\-\" ]*$/i",$FieldValue)) {
>
> }
>

> It works well but I'm having problems with the " (double quote).
> If there is a double quote (") it fails.

Fails in what way?

Are you sure you are remembering to do http://php.net/htmlentities on the data
you send out for the TEXTAREA to pre-populate it?

Does PCRE need " escaped inside the [] bit?  I think not, but I suppose \\"
instead of \" couldn't hurt.

You may also want to move the - to the end of [] character set and lose the \,
just to keep it simpler.

--
Some people have a "gift" link here.
Know what I want?