ob_flush();Flush(); works for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Westcot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 11, 2007 5:31 AM
To: PHP General
Subject: [PHP] What to do when flush() doesn't?

Hi all:

    I am trying to get information from a rather long-running PHP script to
send out messages to the client as things are being processed.  In reading
the manual, it seemed that using flush() was the ideal command for this.
Well, it doesn't seem to be working for me.  I've even tried sending over a
large number of blanks (like 4096 of 'em) before doing anything, but still
no go.

    The flush() activity is supposed to occur on a page that has POSTed back
to itself, so perhaps that's causing the heartburn?

    Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this type of user mollification?

    Thanks,

        Jon