I work with and design VIOP IVR Applications, and have probably found or made
everything you’re looking for. I can tell who provides database's for free or
at a cost the cheapest and if you’re doing ANI cross population I have that as
well.

WARNING some of the database are around 250 million records and if you are not
database savvy id rethink importing 250 million records into your database.

Also beware of No call List phone information, if you publish a Do not call
phone number your asking for a serious backlash.

I say this from experience.

Richard L. Buskirk

At 5:21 PM -0700 3/31/08, Jim Lucas wrote:
>I work for a telephone & internet company.  Currently we have a tool
>that allows us to track the allocation of IP's to customers.  What I
>am looking for is a tool that will allow me to track the allocation
>of phone numbers to our customers.
>
>Building the tool for IP allocation management was pretty easy since
>the IP world works off a set of rules that govern the allocation of
>IP's. Unfortunately the phone number world does not have the same
>rule set.  Actually, it has no rules.
>
>Has anybody built, heard of, or used a tool like this?
>
>Any suggestions would be great.
>
>Thanks much!
>
>--
>Jim Lucas

Jim:

I've never found a phone number dB, but unfortunately, I know they exist.

I came across a zip code database that was very cool in that the
center of each zip code's geographic area was given in lat/longs.
 From there, it could provide all the zip codes within a certain
distance of any entered zip code.

I also came across a IP database that was tied to a general
geographic region and that tested very well, but did have an
occasional error (per user replies).

Phone numbers WERE tied to a geographical area because of hard-wire
(per my olden days with GT&E). But today's cell phones break that
boundary. Furthermore, because of the land-rush to sell cell phones
as quickly as possible, cell phone developers don't stick to any
standards with regard to the Internet, thereby causing all sorts of
problems with Internet communications.

Your job is going to be difficult, I think.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------