You can simply check the session or cookie

        if(!session_is_registered("user"))
        {
         echo "I cant see the session_register user";
        }else{
        echo "I see the session $user";
        }
User is an example of a session_register("user");
the user variable has been set in the session;

       if (isset($_COOKIE['user']))
        {
         echo "I cant see the COOKIE[user]";
        }else{
        echo "I see the cookie" . $_COOKIE['user'];
        }

User is an example of setcookie("user", $value);
the user value has been set in the cookie.

Please make sure if you use sessions to start the session in the php script by
session_start(); on the first line of the php script.

I will look over your code if you want. You came to the right spot for php
review. You can simply post your code here for a review by many experts.

Hi,

I'm a perl programmer and I've written a registration/login program in Perl.

I've just finished writing a small program in php to check the login
cookie created by my perl program
 for any php html page.

Can anyone direct me to a list or forum where one can get a code review
of the php by other experienced
php programmers.

Thanks
David J.