Might I suggest you count the fields and divide it by the cols you want to
display?

Example:
$forest = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM your_table");
$gump = mysql_num_fields($forest);

Because I know my table contains 15 rows I can do this.
$tulip = floor($gump /5);
I know how many fields to display before row break or create a new table.
May seems extremely simple but works very well for me.

Thodoris wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>    I have a mysql result set that I want to print out in an html table.
> But some times it gets so big that I will probably need to separate it
> in to multiple ones. I wrote a function that separates the result set
> into three ones like this:

> But I really need to tell the function in how many tables I need the
> result set to be separated. How can I do this?
>
> What can I put instead of this for 3 tables: (($j == $limit-1) || ($j ==
> (2*$limit)-1))
>
> I can't find the algorithm although I think I have done this before but
> I can't remember how.

Why not just use LIMIT in your query and make several?

Why do you need to split the data into multiple tables, anyway?

>    $table = "<table class='inner'>";

That's going to give you badly-formatted HTML.