Before most of you go on a rampage of how to please read below...

As most of you already know when using MySQL from the shell you can write your
queries in html format in an out file.

Example:   shell>mysql -uyourmom -plovesme --html
This now will return all results in an html format from all queries.

Now I could “tee” this to a file and save the results returned if I so choose
to save the result of the display .

Let’s say I want to be lazy and write a php MySQL query to do the same so that
any result I queried for would return the html results in a table without
actually writing the table tags in the results.

Is there a mysql_connect or select_db or mysql_query tag option to do that
since mysql can display it from the shell?