From: Boyan Penev [mailto:boyan...@googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 31, 2010 11:16 AM
To: php-general@lists.php.net
Subject: [PHP] Problem with "shell_exec"

Hello,

i have installed php 5.2.14 on an embedded system. I have run a couple of
test scripts and everything works fine,
 but i can't get "shell_exec" to work. When i invoke "shell_exec", the
script doesn't get interpreted, instead
i get prompted to download the whole .php file. I have tried both /bin/php
and /bin/php-cgi- same problem.
When i try to execute it per command line instead of web server, with both
php and php-cgi i get "Segmentation fault"
and nothing happens. I use busybox http as a web server, if it's relevant.
Does anybody have an idea what the problem
might be? Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Boyan