> > This approach worked pretty well with previous people i teached
> > PHP, but they already had some sort of programming background.
> > This guy hasn't. I find that he has some difficulties picking
> > it up. And I have some difficulties to further help him.
>
> Is he having problems with PHP, or database interaction with PHP?

It sounds like he might be having problems with the basic programming
concepts.

Are you teaching him and then getting the guy to actaully try some for
himself ?

Start with something really basic, (hello world) and get him to do a
couple of dynamic things that dont use the database, then introduce the db
slowly.

Give him some hands on programming task to get started with, and rpovide
him with a good book on PHP and encourage him to experiment a bit.

Jason