> I am running PHP 4.0.6 on my Mac OSX using apache and MySQL.

> when I include the statement <? include ("foo.php"); ?> then rather than
> parsing the file and displaying the results the whole file is just dumped to
> screen as a text file.  Interesting the same problem occurs whatever the
> file extension so the same thing happens for foo.htm, foo.html and foo.txt!

Jon

Make sure you have Unix line endings on the file, rather than Mac (if you
are using BBedit - which I heartily recommend - you can change this in the
preferences and from the pop-up menu just below the title bar).

I had the same problem the other day and that solved it for me.

Regards

--
Andy Warwick

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]     PGP ID: 0xB1D73499
Creed New Media Design        tel: 07976 205085
Nottingham, England               url: http://www.creed.co.uk