In a lot of PHP code that I have seen, there are lines such as this:

mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_login()', 'mysql_password()');

that is used to "hide" the login and password from someone should they
somehow view the code instead of the output of the PHP file.  My question
is, how do I set up those "functions" mysql_login and mysql_password?  Are
they just standard functions defined in a header someplace?  Or is this even
the best, most secure way of handling it?

Ryan Shrout