In windows 2000 unless you set permission to write files you can't!
I mean that you have to explicitly specify that a certain folder can be
written to.

"..." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
001d01c1215b$0c7613d0$14794ad3@maidew3qujo5j0">news:001d01c1215b$0c7613d0$14794ad3@maidew3qujo5j0...
My messageboard is working properly in Win98 Apache;
However, it doesn't work properly under Win2000 with the same code.
( Problem: it can save the message but cannot read from file)
I have a question....is there any difference between 98 and 2000?
thx for your help....