on 1/13/02 6:35 PM, Rafael Perazzo at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think that you have this problem because your
> sendmail is not running.
> Try to run your sendmail (probably this command
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/./sendmail
> start    - Note that before the name sendmail you have
> two chars ./)
> and I think your problem will be fixed. Then test your
> script again to see
> if it's working.

ahhh, if this is indeed the problem, then you (michael from the original
message) need to enable sendmail in /etc/hostconfig by changing the line

 MAILSERVER=-NO-

 MAILSERVER=-YES-

(isn't everything different in macosx)

again, you need to do this from an administrator account. this will start
sendmail each time you reboot. i'm not exactly sure how to start sendmail
correctly from the command line, but one of the sites i mentioned earlier
might have something.

mike

 -- mike cullerton