> Thanks for your additions. Looking forward for more.....:-)
> I tried to incorporate them, also the contributions from the other people.
> Have a look online http://www.holliwell.de/draft/draft1
> or download at http://www.holliwell.de/draft/draft1.tar.gz (about 4kb)
> Keep in mind it`s a draft and just an attempt to gather the ideas and
> contributions :-). Feel free to comment, change and so on ....

I think it is just time to heat up the discussion about this.

Some additions I can think of:

---
  Error handling: die is not right for production, but a complex if
  is not needed, either one can use a user defined error function,
  or more easily can use trigger_error(), or user_error(), which
  adds much more options and possibilities than using die, and
  is completely appropriate to use in production:

  $conn = mysql_connect(...) or user_error("Cannot connect", E_USER_ERROR);

  This will cause the script to stop running, and to print out a
  PHP style error message by default. But php.ini can be set up
  to redirect this to syslog, or use a special error handling function.

  IMHO use this way of error handling in examples. Why we use it,
  should be explained in the "error handling" and/or "about the manual"
  parts.

---
  Sample outputs: <para> in exmaple is not allowed, so the screen example
  in your draft wont work with docbook. Need to invent some other
  type of output.

---
It would be nice to hear what others think about this draft, as we can
only make things standards after proper discussion, but it would be nice
to have a standard in a short term.

Goba