On Thu, 20 May 2004, Derick Rethans wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2004, Nuno Lopes wrote:
>
> > > I havn't commited bug fixes yet, and when I was going to commit
> > > this fix, I recall there being a special syntax to add in you
> > > comment to signify that this commit is for a specific bug?  Or am I
> > > dreaming up some imaginary thing?
> > >
> > > According to derick, this statement shouldn't even be there.
> > >
> > > http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=28405
> > >
> > > -    <note>
> > > -     <para>
> > > -      Since PHP 4.3.0, if <link
> > linkend="ini.html-errors">html_errors</link>
> > plain
> > > -      text instead of HTML.
> > > -     </para>
> > > -    </note>
> >
> > This note is right just for non-CLI, so it shouldn't be removed, but just
> > modified.
> > The CLI version always outputs plain text.
>
> And non-CLI always outputs the HTML version, so removing that note is
> the thing to do.

According to bug report #21007 the note *was* correct.  This strange
misbehavior was fixed March 18, 2003 here:

http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php-src/ext/standard/info.c?r1=1.228&r2=1.229

So it appears the problem only existed in 4.3.0-1 but I can't tell
if 4.3.2 was affected by the change.  Would it be worth documenting
this temporary behevior?  I think it is as it wasn't considered
a bug by the php-dev team.  Here's that bug report:

  http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=21007

Regards,
Philip