Here is my template for this.  Not ideal but people have to deliberately type
into the box.

<attribute id="userPassword">
        <display>Password</display>
        <order>12</order>
        <icon>lock.png</icon>
        <page>1</page>
        <helper>
           <id>enc</id>
           <value>ssha</value>
        </helper>
        <post>=php.PasswordEncrypt(ssha;%userPassword%)</post>
        <onchange>=autoFill(sambaLMPassword;%userPassword%)</onchange>
        <onchange>=autoFill(sambaNTPassword;%userPassword%)</onchange>
        <spacer>1</spacer>
        <type>password</type>
</attribute>