Hi Alex and beneroth,
there are system interfaces that don't handle binary data and send them as
hex strings to middleware for conversion ...
All I wanted was a quick way to cross check that conversion with PicoLisp,
and that was really easy, except that NUL problem, solved now.
But very interesting discussion, I'm playing around with rd and pr right
now.
Thanks for the input
Cheers
Thorsten