Hi Tomas,

> For production system, all these functions should be coded in Java
> instead of lisp, but it vas a great learning exercise this way,
> especially in the context of argument evaluation and shallow binding
> maintenance.

> What I actually like most about wl is the Java FFI which is very general
> and I know only one very rare and avoidable case where it doesn't work
> (due to some obscure Java rule which I don't remember well anymore).

I'll surely take a deeper look into that when I'm so far with
ErsatzLisp. I recall having done such things with TeaTime in the late
1990s, using the Java reflection API, and I think it was easy at that
time, but almost completely forgot what I did back then, and how I did
it :(

But at the moment I have other problems. I want to get ErsatzLisp as
close as possible to the standard PicoLisp version (which currently is
the 64-bit version). There are probably no-go's, like 'fork', though.
Perhaps 'fork' can be simulated by copying all runtime variables to a
thread? Other things like select() might work now with the Java.nio
package.