Hi Alex,

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 4:05 PM, Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> Hi Edwin,
>
>> eyan@faya $ $(/bin/pwd)/p lib/test.l -bye +
>> [test/lib.l:5] !? (port T 4444)
>> IP bind error: Address already in use
>
> Oh, I see. This are the unit tests, and it is the place where it tries
> to bind to a UDP port.
>
> So it seems the UDP handling of PicoLisp doesn't work under Mac OS (and
> OpenBSD, where Mac OS is derived from, iirc).

check this.

> In the past, we have tested it a lot under FreeBSD, and couldn't see any
> problems with that.
>
> Is there anybody who can debug it under Mac OS or OpenBSD?

i'll be on it. not sure about time frame tho since i'm diddling with
an app at the moment. looks like i'm the only one running it on obsd
so i guess it's not an urgent issue. :)

>> btw, if it is significant, i'm sticking with 3.0.5. i tried this with
>> the current version too and it's the same story.
>
> No problem, I think. The network stuff didn't change recently.
>
> What comes to my mind, though: PicoLisp is not IPv6 ready yet (see
> previous discussions here). Could this be a reason?

probably not. IPv6 not enabled in my obsd setup.

thanks Alex. was silly i should have mentioned running the test suite
in my first email.

/e