Hi List,
related to the nice idea of publishing the Rosettacode examples (which
would actually be nicer _with_ the task descriptions included) I have a
few (probably rather newbie) technical questions about manipulating the
file-system and processing text in PicoLisp:

1. How to make, concat, and kill files (and directories) on Linux with
   PicoLisp? Using the system functions?

2. How to realize the following workflow (from Emacs, using Emacs Lisp)
   in PicoLisp:

   You open a text file in an Emacs buffer, goto beginning-of-buffer, do
   a regexp-search for pattern1. Get the point position of the start of
   pattern1, then delete all the text between beginning-of-buffer and
   start-of-pattern1. Do another regexp-search for pattern2, get point
   position of end-of-pattern2. Then treat end-of-pattern2 like
   beginning-of-buffer and search for start-of-pattern3 etc.

   The idea is to identify certain blocks in the text and delete
   everything around them. Thats a very typical task for Emacs Lisp in
   Emacs, but I'm not quite sure how to do this in PicoLisp. Probably
   would need a book with all the Rosettacode examples on my desk to
   easily look it up ;)

3. Is it possible to use 'prog' or 'let' with 'apply', i.e. apply a
   whole sequence of functions instead of only one to the 'lst argument?

Thanks for any tips.

--
cheers,
Thorsten