Hi List,

sometimes I start putting a lot of (maybe too many) 'msg calls in my
code for debugging purposes, what then triggers memories of logging
frameworks for Java I once read about.

Would it make sense to add such a logging framework to the language as a
kind of third debugging tool (besides trace and debug)? I was thinking
about something along the line of

 - a new global variable *Log
 - two new functions 'log and 'unlog
 - an equivalent to ! as debugging breakpoint (e.g. § or whatever as
   logging point)

*Log would then be NIL or one of several logging levels
(e.g. 1,2,3). (log func) would then put § before all expressions of a
function, (unlog func) remove them. Depending on the logging level, §
would do nothing or, e.g., print the expression and the results of
what (e) and (d) do during debugging, and maybe all variables with
their actual values in that expression.

What do you think?

--
cheers,