Good morning everyone!

Wow! thanks for all this nice feedback's, a nice way to greet a morning weekend
:)

Btw sorry if i cannot individually reply on each topic, but let me share my
thoughts on this two topic that is recently on the table:
1. Kickstarter or Indigogo
2. Verilog source code availability

1. Actually this is what i suggested to Alex for we  had a customer here before
that we produced his product from kicksarter. But from what i understand,
inorder to register our project we need a video to show the early progress of
the project. Its either we can make a video showing the verilog simulator
running OR emulator in C running? but i think it would be great to show an
actual FPGA board running the pilMCU, this option would be more attractive
right? so my primary goal as of now is to get an FPGA board from online and
start synthesize the code for the actual FPGA hardware. Anyone with experience
with FPGA is welcome to provide their inputs ;)

2. This i need to discuss with Alex first. But if you ask me, actually there
were good points shared here, but i think its still too early too release the
code for it is still at design stage and as much as possible, me and Alex would
like to stabilize the core first and also to have a robust kit first. If anyone
wants to try the machine, as of the moment the best way is to run the 'emu'
version :) but don't worry, picolisp community will surely be the first to have
an actual hands-on once the actual hardware is ready ;)

Great weekend everyone, cheers!!

BR,
Geo

On Saturday, September 20, 2014 5:46 AM, Thorsten Jolitz <tjol...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Christophe Gragnic
<christophegrag...@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:53 PM, Loyall, David
> <david.loy...@nebraska.gov> wrote:
>> If you sell a FPGA configured to be an open source Lisp CPU, I'll
>> buy a few
>
> Someone on Hacker News: «where's the kickstarter page? I want a few of
> those.»
> I'd buy a few too.

Thats the idea, I would say: buy the chips and support the project. Give
them time to prepare a nice kickstarter project. Enjoy the opportunity
to support a wonderful free software project to become not only a
technical but an economic success too.

You ask them to give away their most important 'capital' to the public
before even starting the business. Not a good advice, really ...

--
cheers,
Thorsten