I support the last idea about that isn't necessary to touch core language, and if someone needs array support, it could be implemented the same way as e.g. "ext" and "ht" libraries.

Best regards,
Mansur

--- skipped ---
I don't think it's necessary to add arrays to the core language however,
given a sufficiently featured array library, picolisp's FFI interface
can be used to provide a nice abstraction above it.  This is similar to
how numeric arrays are used in Python with the numpy package.  Functions
are provided to copy data into and out of arrays from lists,
dictionaries, or files, and the actual operations on the arrays are
carried out by a native C library (and often third party libraries like
blas/lapack).  The arrays themselves are just opaque pointers to
corrected sized and memory ordered malloc'ed regions.
--- skipped ---