I assume you fear that a port gets binded to a socket twice.
That can not happen, since unix/linux does not allow two processes to bind
the same process.
(app) calls the pil function (port).
The port function itself is able to find a unused port an binds it. For
more details read (doc 'port)
If you are good with C you might want to look inside net.c and understand
doport.
Picolisp takes care of the ports for you.