>the future of PicoLisp is dark.
That sounds about right...I run openbsd and they've just made v6.0
Linux- incompatible because they don't like the way it's going.
Pil64 compiles fine on the latest openbsd BTW.

Assuming that Wine packages are more numerous than Picolisps...you could do
a native Windows version in Powerbasic for Wine. Not only would this up
your linux exposure but Linux is only 2% of the desktop market whilst
Windows has about 80%,

I smiled when I saw your reasons for moving from C to asm because
Powerbasic does ALIGN etc in it's stride without needing to drop down to
it's industrial strength built in assembler. It also runs on win95 to 10
and produces exes for the same, both without any dependencies. How about
that for stable. It also has very fast dynamic arrays.

I'd prefer to work in 64 bit asm but would be very happy to assist you in
any way I can to see Picolisp do well as I'm sure others would be. Whatever
you decide just let us know how we can help. I'm very new to Picolisp but
can already see that it's much too good not to do well.