I admit that I am a passerby here but my impression is that things around
PicoLisp feel closed and this is not about the code itself.
In particular, there seems to be no public source code repository so source
history can only be inferred somehow from releases. I see that some people
already try to mirror it (see, e.g. https://github.com/taij33n/picolisp)
but since it is not "official" there's no development or associated
discussions. Since revision control is essential for any non-trivial
project, the lack of it is surprising.
Also there's no public bug tracker. Instead I have to subscribe to this
list so it is hard to track what happened to issues.

That said removing some friction for outsiders would help to keep things
running.