I developed this a bit more.

https://github.com/thinknlive/picolisp-gosper

I think now it may be a nice little tool to explore these kinds of functions.

You can step draw the results, or draw all at once.  You can also
modify the lisp function code and then reload the module to try the
changes immediately without restarting the service.

I'll add more over time as I think of it. Perhaps zoom and navigation
buttons, buttons to change the step size and refresh rate from the ui,
etc.

The picolisp ui framework makes this so easy.

/Lindsay