I really think the device should be debugged to find the problem.

Last 2 things:
1. could it have to do with moving the App to an SD Card?
2. found this http://www.cnblogs.com/lidonghao/p/3700401.html which hints
at a mix of 32 and 64 bit

At the moment I have no further leads whatever.

Would appreciate to hear about your further findings :-)