Hi Kashyap,

> I have been considering the idea of getting picolisp to run on windows
> (without a heavy weight setup - cygwin/mingw) for a while now. What if I
> try and target nasm instead of gnu assembler? That should work. Regarding

I have not looked at nasm. This is probably not trivial, it needs changing the
asm generator in src64/lib/asm.l plus the architecture-dependent files
src64/arch/x86-64.l, src64/sys/x86-64.*.defs.l and src64/sys/x86-64.*.code.l

> the POSIX dependency, I think it should be a matter of making all the
> functions (do*) NOPs.

I think it is not so easy. The POSIX dependencies go very deep, there would
be no I/O initially for example.

Perhaps it helps if you look at PilOS (https://picolisp.com/wiki/?PilOS), it is
stand-alone with zero POSIX ;)

☺/ A!ex