Hi Kashyap

Try out web.l: https://bitbucket.org/iromero91/web.l/wiki/Home
(also linked at the bottom at https://picolisp.com/wiki/?Documentation)
It's relatively straight-forward, good to start, for simple use cases.
URL's are matched using (match) (see picolisp reference).

The standard GUI framework (form.l) can also be used as a pure API.
If your project requires long-running sessions, it is probably the best candidate short of a custom http implementation.
For simple use cases, the web.l framework should suffice.

-- Nevertheless I warmly recommend you to learn HTTP eventually - it's the foundation for so much.
---> Check out this excellent tutorial: https://jmarshall.com/easy/http/

Don't be afraid, HTTP is really a simple, clear-text protocol (and HTTPS is still clear-text HTTP, just using a encrypted TCP-Connection instead of a plain TCP-connection).
It's no arcane magic - much easier than HTML!
Knowing how it works, and being able to even issue a simple GET by hand using telnet, proved again and again useful for me. For example, checking a server with manual HTTP via telnet or 'openssl s_client': easy way to check if a problem is with the network or actually with a slow/non-responding HTTP server. (With this "trick" I surprised seasoned network experts at multiple occasions. :-/ )

Best regards,
beneroth