Grant Shangreaux <shshos...@protonmail.com>
writes:

Hello Grant,

> I would be happy to make
> a pull-request into the tj64 version if it is welcome, and Alexis I
> would be interested in helping to improve your version as well
> (especially since it is the one listed on MELPA).
>
> Would be glad to hear from Emacs users on the list, I know these threads
> pop up time to time, i've been trying to catch up :) !

go ahead an send me a pull request, from what I read in the thread I
conclude that its just merging tested code from another version into the
one I maintain on github, and this merge is already tested by you (and
others) so I can accept the PR without extra testing?

BTW
It would be nice to have even one more PicoLisp mode for Emacs!
There is this new concept of LSP out there now (Language Server
Protocol), with the basic idea that every language implements the server
side once, and every editor implements the client side once (in a
generic way). Then, a new editor mode for a language is just an adoption
of the LSP client of that editior for that specific language. And every editor
with an LSP client implementaton can easily offer a mode for a language that
has its LSP server implementation.

>From a PicoLisp point of view there are two pretty cool options here, I
think:

1. implement a Picolisp LSP Server implementation, enabling all those
editors out there to have their LSP PicoLisp modes (Emacs e.g. already
has two competing LSP client implementations and several new or
rewritten LSP major modes afaik)

2. implement a Vip LSP Client, thereby enabling language modes in Vip
for all that (growing numbers) of languages with LSP server
implemenations.

This is from Microsoft, but not evil at all, rather seems like the
future of editing modes. Maybe somebody finds this interesting too ... ;-)

--
cheers,
Thorsten