hi all,

September 5, 2020 12:28 AM, "Davide BERTOLOTTO" <davide.bertolo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, I managed to turn on the optimization (opt -O3) and the results improved
>
> *** recursive
>
> -- picolisp 3.007 sec
>
> -- pil21 4.249 sec
>
> *** iterative
>
> -- picolisp 0.515 sec
>
> -- pil21 0.368 sec
>
> Apparently with the optimization cache does not segfault...

1.
There are several unofficial mirrors to get sources:
daily:
https://github.com/picolisp/pil21

hourly:
https://git.envs.net/mpech/pil21
https://hub.darcs.net/tankf33der/pil21

2.
There is unofficial test suite:
https://git.envs.net/mpech/pil21-tests
Eventually running on: Arch, Void, Alpine, Centos, Oracle Linux, Fedora, Debian.

3.
This is required steps to compile on Solaris and Macos, please try to repeat on
others OS.
LLVM7+ required plus ecosystem.
https://git.envs.net/mpech/pil21-tests/src/branch/master/INSTALL-.md

4. for running pil21 I copied pil to pil21 script, and have easy separation
between implementations:
[mpech@lambda pil21]$ ls -l pil*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mpech mpech 62 aug 30 22:47 pil
-rwxr-xr-x 1 mpech mpech 62 aug 30 22:47 pil21
$

5.
p.s. "ulimit -s 16000" is good start point for pil21.
p.s.s. To make some noise and fun try to run your picolisp's code on pil21.
p.s.s.s. Comparing LLVM and Assembler backend is not fair, and pil21 will be
always slower in 5-15% range.

(mike)