Somdip,
I will be surprised to know if anyone is using Pig on a standalone basis in
production environment . Pig uses Hadoop's power to process huge data.
HDFS for storing large data and MapReduce for using distributed system for
processing huge data.

You can use Pig in standalone mode for learning purpose but using it on a
standalone basis in production environment won't be useful.

-
Ravi