Ok, after reading and rereading 2k worth of PigLatin, we've finally found
the foul alias. The error is generated by the following pig latin:

g = group table by (a,b);
h = foreach g generate group, table.(*c*,d,f,*c*) as grp;
-- note c is repeated.

And if you work on this alias later on, it generates the following error.

2010-09-21 23:43:46,288 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt -
ERROR 2160: Error during fixing projections. Projection map of new
predecessor is null.