To set heap size you can set the java property when you invoke pig-
-Dmapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx2048m

This should work for mapred.max.map.failures.percent as well.

-Thejas

On 9/30/10 4:24 PM, "Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo" <renatoj.marroq...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hi all, I'm also having a similar problem, does anyone have a
suggestion/opinion/thought?
The thing is that my MR jobs are dying because of java heap space error (I
am planning to get some more). I want a way to control this, I mean this
parameter would also help me handling this memory.

Renato M.