Anyone here ever heard of Louis Ducos du Hauron, a French photographic
process inventor from the 1800s ?  He did a series of anamorphic self
portraits in the mid - late 1880s. I have a few examples in a book here at
home but have not been able to find further examples of his work anywhere
else. Where does one go to find further examples of his work ? The Net has
heaps of info about him but not any more examples !

I am not too knowledgable on photography as yet. But a question I have is do
'anamorphic lenses' for standard 35mm cameras give the effect of stretched
and distorted faces. I know a lot of pinhole photogrpahers are able to
achieve this in their photos, but if I could just throw a lense on a normal
camera and go for it, that would make things easier for me to start off
with. I need a simple platform from which to begin and grow from there. I
want to see some results up front - but at the same time am willing to work
hard to achieve better results all the time as long as I can see a sort of
progression happening. I know exactly what I would want to achieve with
taking photos, but do not know how and where to begin the process. Louis
Ducos du Hauron worked very close to my ideal format with those anamorphic
self portrait photos, but I would like to take a bit further with character
study, texture variations and overall mood with using new subjects.

I welcome any feedback.

Damian